Saturday, June 21, 2008

Travels and an Update

It has been awhile since I had a chance to update this blog. We have both been traveling – we were at the Brimfield Antique Show in May and then Beverly went straight to the Las Vegas Antique Jewelry Show. It was my first time at Brimfield – oh my goodness! What fun THAT was! Even if I had not bought a thing (and of course, that was not the case, I bought way too much) just seeing everything was a blast. I met a lot of people, ate too much fair food and wore myself out walking. I can’t wait until I get a chance to go back : )

Beverly always sets up at the Vegas show and that is on my list to go to someday as well. Think I will have to really save up my pennies, though – it is a showcase for some of the best antique jewelry in the world. Worth seeing even if I won’t be able to buy a lot.

Beverly will set up next at the New York Jewelry Show from July 25 – 28. If you are in the area, be sure and stop by and say hello – she will be in Booth 202 as Clayton Antiques.

We did manage to sneak in an update to Perfect Jewels and there are lots of new goodies to see. In addition to some great antique jewelry items, including plique enamels, Austro Hungarian, a killer huge 3 carat natural ruby ring, gold in quartz, Tiffany, a to die for Whiteside & Blank enamel locket and an awesome Victorian carved coral dog bracelet, there is also a good selection of fine objects we just could not resist! You will find everything from a screaming Art Deco parrot chrome corkscrew and bottle opener to a very fine verre de soie glass Steuben perfume bottle.

Hope you will pop in and peek when you have a second! Start HERE to get right to the new stuff and thank you as always for visiting Perfect Jewels!






5 comments:

Always In Style said...

That dragonfly is amazing - I want it!

Mary Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog,especially on this post. Keep up the good work.
hp Rajasthan Jewelry

Mary said...

Fascinating post !
Antique jewelry, a term applied to jewelry over a hundred years old, is now a favorite with the prospective brides, too.
http://www.jewellerycorner.com

Unknown said...

hi..
i came across your blog it is really interesting.. thanks for sharing information.. nice blog..